I am interested in Christian theology, philosophy, and the intersection of the two. I attempt to approach issues through a fusion of analytic, phenomenological, and Thomistic insights.
I can be contacted via the form on the home page of this website.
- Ph.D. Systematic Theology, Fuller Theological Seminary, 2017 — current
- M.Div., Fuller Theological Seminary, 2013-2016 (3.92 GPA)
- B.A. Philosophy, minor Religious Studies, Arizona State University, 2009-2013 (summa cum laude, 4.0 GPA)
- Fuller Theological Seminary (Sept 2018 — current)
- Research assistant: Sept 2018 — current
- Grand Canyon University (Jan 2015 — current)
- Adjunct Professor (PHI-103, Introduction to Philosophy; PHI-305, Ethical theory; PHI-413 online, Bioethics): Aug 2016 — current
- Instructional Assistant (CWV 101, Christian Worldview; ENG-106, PHI-103): Jan 2015 — Dec 2016
- “Preludiu la o fenomenologie a Scripturii, cu referire la Origen.” In Adevărul e simfonic, ed. Alin Tat and Călin-Daniel Pațulea (Cluj-Napoca: Editura Napoca Star, 2018).
- “On reading the Bible as Scripture, encountering the Church.” Forthcoming in Perichoresis.
- “Contemporary cosmology is irrelevant to classical theistic Christian eschatology.” Forthcoming in Theology and Science.
- “Praying Confidently for the Salvation of All.” Forthcoming in Heythrop Journal. doi: 10.1111/heyj.12378
- “Claritas Scripturae, Theological Epistemology, and the Phenomenology of Christian faith.” Journal of Analytic Theology 7 (2019): 199-218.
- “The intelligibility of the cosmos and the existence of God in Dumitru Stăniloae’s Orthodox Dogmatic Theology.” International Journal of Orthodox Theology 10, no. 1 (2019): 178-190.
- “On aspects of a proto-phenomenology of Scripture in Origen.” Neue Zeitschrift für Systematische Theologie und Religionsphilosophie 60, no. 4 (2018): 499-517.
- “On the Priority of Tradition: An Exercise in Analytic Theology.” Open Theology 3 (2017): 274-292.
- (with Jordan Wessling) “The Medicine which Heals the World: Praying for Salvation with Catherine of Siena.” Irish Theological Quarterly 82, no. 4 (2017): 303-321.
- “Christian apokatastasis: Two Paradigmatic Objections.” Journal of Analytic Theology 4 (2016): 66-86.
- “Matthew Levering, Was the Reformation a Mistake? Why Catholic Doctrine is not Unbiblical.” Journal of Analytic Theology 6 (2018): 760-765.
- “Ilaria Ramelli, The Christian Doctrine of Apokatastasis: A Critical Assessment from the New Testament to Eriugena.” Journal of Analytic Theology 3 (2015): 226-233.
- Edward Feser, “Teleologia. Un ghid pentru curioși.” In De la Aristotel la John Searle și înapoi. Patru articole filosofice, ed. Alin Tat. București: Editura Eikon, 2017.
- Douglas Farrow, “T.F. Torrance și erezia latină. Laudă și critică la adresa unuia dintre cei mai mari teologi ai secolului XX.” In Paradisul Regăsit, ed. Alin Tat. Cluj-Napoca: Editura Napoca Star, 2017.
- “The phenomenology of Scripture and the Word of God.” Paper presented at The Society for the Phenomenology of Religious Experience Conference “Religious Experience and Description,” Valparaiso, Indiana. October 11, 2019.
- “On the Trinity and three domains of consciousness.” Paper presented at Society of Christian Philosophers Mountain-Pacific Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada. April 5, 2019.
- “The intelligibility of the cosmos and the existence of God in Dumitru Stăniloae’s Orthodox Dogmatic Theology.” Paper presented at the inaugural conference of the International Association of Orthodox Theology, Iași, Romania. January 10, 2019.
- “Encountering the Church in the Scriptures.” Paper presented at Society of Christian Philosophers Midwest Conference, Houston, Texas. October 14, 2017.
- “Christian apokatastasis contra Crisp and Walls.” Paper presented at Rethinking Hell Conference 2015, Pasadena, California. June 18-20, 2015.